Town leaders burn down city hall
FORT HILL, Pa. ” A trash fire started by township supervisors burned down their municipal building, authorities said.
No one was injured in the blaze Tuesday in Addison Township, but the building used for meetings, elections and as a garage was destroyed.
The supervisors had left the trash fire unattended and “it caught some material behind the building on fire,” said Bill Barlow, chief of the Addison Volunteer Fire Co., about 80 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.
A new township pickup truck with just 100 miles on its odometer was also destroyed, supervisor Galen Beachy said. Luckily, most of the township’s plowing equipment and the records were stored elsewhere, he said.
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User