Town of Avon committee soliciting event proposals for 2018; deadline Sept. 6
AVON — The town of Avon’s Ad Hoc Special Events Committee has issued a request for proposals from individuals, businesses, organizations and agencies that are interested in producing one or more special events in 2018 in the town of Avon. The application deadline is Sept. 6 at 3 p.m.
In early 2017, the Avon Town Council appointed members to the Ad Hoc Special Events Committee. One of the primary purposes of the committee is to solicit proposals from special-event producers and to evaluate the proposals, making recommendations to the Town Council for venue dates and any funding or in-kind town support.
This will be the first year Avon is reaching out to seek applications from producers in a coordinated process, thereby allowing the town a comprehensive, proactive and comparative approach in reviewing and approving 2018 special events.
Special-event producers who have been granted event permits or agreements in 2017 or in past years for any of the town’s venues are welcome to apply, as well as new special-event producers. Producers may apply for venue dates only and no funding and/or in-kind support or venue dates with funding and/or in-kind support
The Ad Hoc Special Events Committee is encouraging producers to consider bringing an array of events to Avon in 2018, at one or more of the town’s venues, throughout the year. Of special interest to the committee are the following types of events; however, applicants should feel welcome to apply for other special event programs:
• Colorado and national multi-day sport tournaments/competitions, including but not limited to soccer, lacrosse, stand-up paddleboarding, bike races and USA Ultimate
• A producer for the four-evening Avon Live free concerts each Wednesday in August
• Two- or three-day music, art or culinary festivals that feature music, such as an all-acoustical program, bluegrass or roots, reggae, rock, blues, soul, etc., from April to November.
• One- or two-day music concerts from April to November.
• Interactive arts festival or fair
• Beer festival
• Winter sports and/or winter activity festival
• Film festival
• Car show
• Lecture series
All proposal information needed to prepare an application can be found at http://www.avon.org/2018specialeventsapplication.
Patrick Tvarkunas needed 237 signatures on a petition to let Eagle voters decide whether The Reserve at Hockett Gulch — a 500-unit workforce housing project — should be built. He and others submitted 304.