Town of Eagle currently seeking advice on recreation planning
EAGLE — The town of Eagle is seeking volunteers to serve on a recreation advisory committee.
The new committee will include one member of the Eagle Town Board as well as town staff members and citizens appointed by the town board.
“The committee will meet on a schedule and frequency as determined at its first session, which will also determine total number of committee members it desires,” said interim town manager Jenny Rakow. “The rec committee meetings will be a round-table format and the public will be encouraged to attend and provide input.”
In addition to citizens, the committee will include several standing representatives from various organizations including the Western Eagle County Metropolitan Recreation District, Eagle Ranch, Eagle County Schools, the Eagle Marketing and Events Committee, the Eagle Planning and Zoning Commission, the Eagle Chamber of Commerce and the Eagle Town Board.
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
The committee will:
• Advise and make recommendations to the Eagle Town Board related to recreation, playgrounds and park activities including established parks, proposed parks and trails, in and around the community subject to, and within the limitations of, the municipal budget.
• Meet with partner agencies regarding costs, logistics and planning.
• Research amenities, equipment and prepare estimates.
• Create reporting requirements and evaluation reports.
• Recommend allocation of funds for recreation to the town board for approval.
• Evaluate public requests and recommend funding to the town board for approval.
• Provide input and direction for the overall recreation related budget and strategic plans.
The committee will also perform other functions as designated by the town board.
Anyone interested in serving on the committee must be a resident of the town of Eagle or own real property or a business or be employed within the town. Half of the people appointed to the committee will serve for two-year terms and half will serve for one year.
Letters of interest
Anyone interested in serving on the recreation committee should submit a letter of interest outlining his or her experience and reason for wishing to serve. Letters would be sent to Interim Town Manager Jenny Rakow at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for letters of interest is Tuesday, and the town board will name the committee at its March 22 meeting.