Town of Vail buses transition to winter schedule Dec. 10; view the routes here
VAIL — Town of Vail buses will transition to the full winter schedule beginning Monday, Dec. 10. The new schedule, which will run through Sunday, April 21, will provide 15- to 30-minute service on most outlying routes during peak times and 30-minute to one-hour service on most outlying routes during non-peak times.
The in-town shuttle, which services Golden Peak, Vail Village and Lionshead Village, will run every 5 to 10 minutes. A complete bus schedule is available online at vailgov.com or by calling 970-477-3456.
• West Vail Green loop will depart from the Transportation Center every 30 minutes from 5:45 a.m. to 8:15 p.m. and every 40 minutes from 8:50 p.m. to 2:10 a.m.
• The West Vail Red loop will depart from the Transportation Center every 30 minutes from 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and every 40 minutes from 9:10 p.m. to 1:50 a.m.
• The West Vail Express with the West Vail Green line will provide 10-minute service between the Chamonix bus stop into Lionshead via South Frontage Road from 6:10 to 10:20 a.m. Afternoon westbound service will run every 10 minutes between the Vail Transit Center, Lionshead Transit Center and the Chamonix stop to West Vail from 2:10 to 5:30 p.m.
• An East Vail bus will depart from the Transportation Center every 20 minutes from 5:50 to 7:10 a.m., every 15 minutes from 7:30 a.m. to 8:15 p.m. and every 30 minutes from 8:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.
The Golf Course bus will depart from the Transportation Center at 6:45 a.m. and then every 30 minutes from 7:45 to 10:15 a.m. During non-peak, the bus will depart from the Transportation Center every hour from 10:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m., every 30 minutes from 2:45 to 5:15 p.m. and every hour from 5:45 to 11:50 p.m. An additional Golf Course bus will run at 2 a.m., if requested.
• The Ford Park route will depart from the Transportation Center at 6:20 a.m. with 15- or 30-minute frequency through 8:35 p.m.
• The Sandstone loop will depart from the Transportation Center every 30 minutes from 6 to 8 a.m., 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., 5 to 8:30 p.m. and 9:10 p.m. to 2:10 a.m., with an additional run at 8:50 p.m. The Sandstone loop will run every 20 minutes from 8 to 10 a.m. and 3 to 5 p.m.
• The Lionsridge loop route runs every hour from 6:15 a.m. to 8:15 p.m.
For more information, call the town’s transit office at 970-479-2178 or visit vailgov.com/bus-schedules.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Case numbers for COVID-19 are rising in Eagle County, and just about everywhere else. To save the new ski season, Vail officials are taking new measures to slow the spread, limiting virtually all gatherings to…