Town of Vail reduces hours, moves meetings online due to COVID-19 spread
Due to staffing limitations caused by COVID-19 and to reduce community spread, the town of Vail is adjusting in-person service hours at the Municipal Center at 75 S. Frontage Road until Monday, Jan. 17, or until further notice. This will include a delayed opening of 10 a.m. and early closures as follows:
- Front door reception area: Closing at noon Thursday, Dec. 30, through Sunday, Jan. 2. Reopening 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, Jan. 3, and continuing weekdays.
- Parking pass sales: Use south side entry: Closing at noon Thursday, Dec. 30, through Sunday, Jan. 2. Reopening 10 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday, Jan. 3, and continuing weekdays.
- Police records: Open 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 29, through New Year’s Day; closed Sunday, Jan. 2. Reopening Monday, Jan. 3, and continuing daily; closed Sundays. Use the call button in the entryway for after-hours access.
Phone and online business will continue to be serviced from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by staff members who are working remotely. The town will observe the New Year’s holiday with remote and in-person closures from noon Thursday, Dec. 30, until Monday, Jan. 3. Call ahead to confirm service availability at 970-479-2100.
For Community Development assistance:
- Administration, Shelley Bellm, 970-390-0417
- Building, CJ Jarecki, 303-301-5277
- Planning, Jonathan Spence, 970-471-9902
- Department Director, Matt Gennett, 970-343-2767
For Public Works Administration assistance:
- Engineering, Tom Kassmel, 970-376-1664
- Construction Inspector, Leonard Sandoval, 970-390-4677
- Housing, Susie Hervert, 970-390-4030
- Art in Public Places, Molly Eppard, 970-306-5820
- Street Maintenance, Charlie Turnbull, 970-390-3008
- Facility Maintenance, John King, 970-376-0949
- Department Director, Greg Hall, 970-390-4676
Vail Public Library operations are as follows:
- Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 29, and Thursday, Dec. 30; 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, Dec. 31. Closed New Year’s Day; open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 2. Beginning Jan. 3, the library will be open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Patrons are limited to two hours per day in the library for browsing, checkout and computer/Wi-Fi use. Curbside service will be encouraged.
- All in-person programming, including Story Time, has been canceled until further notice.
In addition, all town of Vail board and commission meetings will be held remotely until further notice. This includes the Jan. 3 Art in Public Places Board meeting, Jan. 4 Town Council meeting, Jan. 5 Design Review Board meeting and Jan. 10 Planning and Environmental Commission meeting. Agendas are available at VailGov.com with opportunities for members of the public to participate remotely.