Town of Vail seeks Welcome Center art proposals
VAIL — The town of Vail’s Art in Public Places invites qualified artists to submit proposals to be considered for a commissioned public art project for the newly remodeled Vail Village Welcome Center. The unique site-specific work will be suspended from a vaulted ceiling above the central information desk of the Welcome Center.
The commissioned public art will enhance this highly visible civic building which is a major public amenity for the guests and residents of Vail and is located above the Colorado Ski & Snowboard Museum. The space has a natural mountain aesthetic with mixed rustic wood finishes and clean lines.
The artwork must have the following criteria: quality and innovation; timelessness; compatibility with site; permanence; and public safety.
The town of Vail’s Art in Public Places board will review artist’s proposed renderings, images of previous work and criteria for qualifications. The artist must have past experience integrating art into built architecture. Please see photos of exterior and interior of Welcome Center for visuals of the space.
Applicants must submit:
• Letter of interest indicating your vision and approach for the project (limit two pages) and resume/CV with qualifications (limit two pages).
• Renderings and description of proposed art.
• Three professional references with contact information from completed or current projects.
• Visual support materials of previous work (10 images max, not to exceed 8 MB).
• Annotated image list to accompany any submitted images.
The total budget for the project is $25,000, which is inclusive of all artist’s fees, travel, design, insurance, permits, fabrication, labor and installation.
Entry Deadline is June 12
Deadline for entry is June 12. The chosen proposal will be notified July 1, and the art will be installed this fall. Materials may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject must read Vail Village Welcome Center.
For a detailed list of requirements and guidelines, see http://www.vail gov.com/notices.