It’s New year’s Eve
There’s stuff to do tonight for party animals of all ages.
Activities and Special Events
– Vail Mountain Torch Light Ski Down begins at 6 p.m. at Golden Peak and is followed by a New Year’s Eve fireworks show over Golden Peak.
– “Y04” New Year’s Eve celebration for youth (high school through age 20) will be held from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at Dobson Arena. The event will include video DJ, dancing and casino games, plus great raffle prizes. Call 970-479-2292.
– Adventure Ridge will be open from 2:30 to 9 p.m. at Eagle’s Nest on Vail Mountain and includes ice skating, tubing, snowmobiling and more. Call 970-476-9090 for details.
– Ring in the New Year at one of Vail’s bars or restaurants. Many locations require reservations and a cover charge. Check the local newspapers or call 970-477-0075 for more information.
And for a safe holiday celebration, remember …
– From 10:30 p.m. on Dec. 31 to 5 a.m. Jan. 1, Vail has a townwide curfew for those 17 and under, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian over 21.
– Also from 10:30 p.m. on Dec. 31 to 5 a.m. Jan. 1, a special event district will be established in the heart of Vail’s pedestrian village, including Bridge Street. The district is for ages 21 and older, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian, and will cover a four-block area.
– Consumption of alcoholic beverages on the streets of Vail is prohibited.
– If you plan to drink, arrange for a designated driver or an alternative ride home.
New this year, Vail Transit will temporarily suspend in-town and outlying bus service from 11 p.m. to midnight on New Year’s Eve. ECO Regional Transportation also will suspend service to and from Vail during the same time. Return routes for ECO and Vail’s out-bound service will resume at midnight with extra buses available to transport riders to their destinations. Call 970-477-3456 for Town of Vail bus schedules.
For ECO bus schedules, call 970-328-3520.
For additional details go to http://www.vailgov.com or call 479-2200.
Avon will again offer free Tipsy Taxi service for those dining and celebrating New Year’s Eve in their town. The service runs from 7 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. To use the service, call 390-2099. A driver will pick you up at any Avon establishment and return you to your destination within the town’s boundaries.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Case numbers for COVID-19 are rising in Eagle County, and just about everywhere else. To save the new ski season, Vail officials are taking new measures to slow the spread, limiting virtually all gatherings to…