The Titans of Town Talk, who are guys, want to know we only have parties for women when one of them gets married, is pregnant, or retires? What would most of us do without our sisters, confidants and shopping, lunching, and traveling girls?
Let’s celebrate each other for each other’s sake!
TO MY GIRLFRIENDS!
It is good to be a woman:
1. We got off the Titanic first.
2. We can scare male bosses with the mysterious gynecological disorder excuses.
3. Taxis stop for us.
4. We don’t look like a frog in a blender when dancing.
5. No fashion faux pas we make, could ever rival the Speedo.
6. We don’t have to pass gas to amuse ourselves.
7. If we forget to shave, no one has to know.
8. We can congratulate our teammate without ever touching her rear end.
9. We never have to reach down every so often to make sure our privates are still there.
10. We have the ability to dress ourselves.
11. We can talk to the opposite sex without having to picture them
12. If we marry someone 20 years younger, we are aware that we will look like an idiot.
13. We will never regret piercing our ears.
14. There are times when chocolate really can solve all your problems.
15. We can make comments about how silly men are in their presence because they aren’t listening anyway.
Fun Run for Erika
The good folks at Minturn Middle School are hosting a Fun Run for Erika Gonzalaz. It’s 6 p.m. tonight at the Minturn Middle School parking lot; registration is 5 p.m. They’re raising money to help Erika, who has been in the hospital since October 2001, battling bone cancer. All donations go directly to her and her family. You register right up to the time the gun goes off. It’ll set you back $10 for adults, $5 for kids and $25 for families. You’ll never find a better cause. Erika needs the help, and you want to be part of the solution.
FAC at Gypsum Marko’s
Marko’s in Gypsum is firing up a Friday Afternoon Club that’s so friendly that even the Titans of Town Talk can be members. It’s 4 p.m. until the fun runs out, which should be sometime in the next century. We’re talkin’ live music and all the other assorted fun.
Martial Arts instruction
Jujitsu, Kungfu, and Karate lessons for both adults and children in Eagle and Avon. Martial Arts Master Daryl Pennington has offered the true martial arts experience to discerning students in the valley for 10 years. “Step by step walk the thousand mile path.” Call 328-0404 for prices and schedules.