October 30, 2016
The American Board of Medical Specialties Research and Education Foundation has selected Dr. Sandeep Mannava, sports medicine fellow at the Steadman Philippon Research Institute in Vail, as one of the three individuals to participate in its Visiting Scholars Program. Launched in 2014, the one-year, part-time program exposes participants to the fields of professional assessment and education, health policy and quality improvement. It also facilitates scholar research on areas relevant to physician certification focused on improving patient care. Mannava's project is titled the "Evolving Role of Simulation-Based Surgery Training in Orthopaedic Surgery" and will examine the role of standardized simulation/cadaveric training during orthopaedic residency, exploring whether simulation training can be practically implemented in orthopaedic surgical training and if it truly improves arthroscopic surgical skills.
Trending In: Town Talk
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife