October 30, 2016
The American Board of Medical Specialties Research and Education Foundation has selected Dr. Sandeep Mannava, sports medicine fellow at the Steadman Philippon Research Institute in Vail, as one of the three individuals to participate in its Visiting Scholars Program. Launched in 2014, the one-year, part-time program exposes participants to the fields of professional assessment and education, health policy and quality improvement. It also facilitates scholar research on areas relevant to physician certification focused on improving patient care. Mannava's project is titled the "Evolving Role of Simulation-Based Surgery Training in Orthopaedic Surgery" and will examine the role of standardized simulation/cadaveric training during orthopaedic residency, exploring whether simulation training can be practically implemented in orthopaedic surgical training and if it truly improves arthroscopic surgical skills.
Trending In: Town Talk
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack