July 16, 2016
Get your hands dirty and volunteer. Each week, we will introduce an outdoor volunteer project and why it is important to our ecological community. Then we will pull together as a group to remove invasive plant species, plant native vegetation, clean up litter and build or improve local hiking trails. Light refreshments will be provided. Bring clothes to get dirty in, water, sunscreen, sturdy closed-toed shoes and gloves.
The event is on Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon at Walking Mountains Science Center in Avon. Anyone older than 16 is welcome to attend this free event. Please register at http://www.walkingmountains.org/project/pulling-together-volunteer-days/ or simply show up.
Trending In: Town Talk
- I-70 closed in Glenwood Canyon after fatality in traffic incident
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin four-peats in worlds slalom
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte on Saturday
- Avalanche advisory issued for Vail, Summit County through Presidents Day weekend