Vail, Beaver Creek celebrate safety week
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL ” Beaver Creek and Vail will be observing National Safety Awareness Week from Saturday through next Friday.
At Beaver Creek, the weekend’s safety week events include:
∞ Safety Fair: From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Beaver Creek Ski Patrol and Yellow Jacket staff will conduct safety demonstrations including snow safety, mountain evacuation, and lift evacuation near the base of the Centennial Express Lift. Beaver Creek’s Rescue Dogs will demonstrate rescue techniques.
∞ TV 8’s “Off the Hill” Host Billy Doran will host a special Safety Segment from the base of the Centennial Express Chair Lift from 3:30p.m.-5:30p.m. Beaver Creek Ski Patrol and Rescue Dogs will perform a live burial and rescue scenario next to the Centennial Express.
∞ Safety Fair: From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. near the base of the Centennial Express Lift. Events include safety demos, Rescue Dogs, Eagle County Snow Rider Safety Alliance and giveaways.
∞ Beaver Creek managers and executives will be on the hill conducting “Management Speeder” throughout the resort to highlight the importance of skier and rider safety among all of our guests.
∞ Beaver Creek Children’s Ski School kicks off their annual Sunday “Harry and Millie” Safety Scavenger Hunt.
At Vail, the weekend’s safety week events include:
– Hot Chocolate with Vail Ski Patrol and Avalanche Awareness Seminar. Hosted by Pork Chop, Vail Mountain Safety Pig, at the top of the Mountaintop Express Lift, Chair 4, 9:30-10:30 a.m. Also, meet Henry, the Ski Patrol Avi Pup. Vail Ski Patrol will host an open house all day at Patrol Headquarters (top of Chair 4). Call (970) 479-4610 for more information.
– Pork Chop, Vail Mountain Safety Pig, and Henry the Ski Patrol Avi Pup autograph signing at Chaos Canyon at Mid-Vail from 12:30-2:30 p.m. Bring your camera for a photo opp.
– Vail Yellow Jacket safety fair. Bottom of the Eagle Bahn Gondola in Lionshead and the Vista Bahn Express Lift in Vail Village from 9-11 a.m. Check out the booths in the base areas and have your skis or snowboard registered with the Vail Police Department.
– Vail Sports helmet fitting: Get fitted for a helmet from 9-11 a.m. at the bottom of the Vista Bahn Express in Vail Village.
– Vail Sports Binding Check: Visit any Vail Sports location to have your ski bindings checked at 50 percent off (overnight drop-off of skis and one boot required). Just mention National Safety Awareness Week at Vail to receive the discount.
– Adult Ski Tips: Intermediate and advanced skiers depart Mid-Vail at 11 a.m.
– Sweep with Vail Ski Patrol. Join the Vail Ski Patrol with trail closing at the end of the day. To sign up call (970) 754-4610 or stop by Patrol Headquarters at the top of Chair 4 for more information.
– Extreme terrain rescue training. Vail Ski Patrol will be conducting rescue training at the Chair 4 cliffs at 11 a.m.
– Vail Yellow Jacket safety fair, 9-11 a.m. (see above)
– Vail Sports Helmet Fitting: , 9-11 a.m. (see above)
– Free adult ski tips: Intermediate and advanced skiers depart Mid-Vail 11 a.m.
– Sweep with Vail Ski Patrol (see above).
– Vail Sports Binding Check (see above).
– “Pigs on Ice” with Pork Chop, Vail Ski Patrol and other special guests. Family fun at the Arrabelle at Vail Square Ice Rink 4-6 p.m. Bring your camera for pictures with Pork Chop.