Vail, Beaver Creek holding safety week
VAIL ” Vail and Beaver Creek mountains will hold events for National Safety Awareness Week, which is Saturday through Jan. 20.
Beaver Creek’s events Saturday are:
– A kids’ rail jam from 4:30-5:30 p.m. Meet in front of Beaver Creek Children’s Ski and Snowboard School.
– The Safety in Motion mobile safety tent will be at the top of Centennial Express Lift from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
– Blu and Dixie, Beaver Creek Ski Patrol’s rescue dogs, will make guest appearances.
– Guests can volunteer to “sweep” the mountain at the end of the day with Ski Patrol. Meet at 2:45 at patrol headquarters.
Vail’s events today are:
– Ski Patrol safety fair: From 9-11 a.m. Hot chocolate and granola bars will be given out at the top of Chair 4. The Vail Ski Patrol will show off the equipment they use. Pork Chop the Safety Pig will be on hand.
– Yellow Jacket safety booths will be at the bottom of the Vista Bahn in Vail Village and at Eagle’s Nest from 8:30-11 a.m. Guests can sign up for the scavenger hunt on Vail Mountain.
– Ski Patrol Sweep: Guests can join Ski Patrol for its afternoon mountain sweep. Reserve a spot at 2 p.m. at Patrol Headquarters at the top of Mountaintop Express, or call 479-4610.
– Safety Posse Kids Corral: Join Vail mascots Pork Chop the Safety Pig, Crazy Coyote and Ranger Raccoon at The Session at Golden Peak from 6:30-8 p.m. Local kids can bring their entries for the National Safety Awareness Week Kids’ Coloring Contest.
– Vail Ski School free ski tips: Intermediate to advanced skiers can stop by the Mid-Vail Ski School meeting area at 11 a.m. and take one run with an instructor and receive complimentary technique tips.