Vail, Beaver Creek well represented on list of Top 30 Resorts in The West
5 local properties named to Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards
A record 600,000 registered voters weighed in on the 32nd annual Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards, and the Vail Valley is well represented in the Top 30 Resorts in the West, with five local properties making the list featuring resorts from properties in Utah, Nevada, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho and Montana.
Sonnenalp Hotel in Vail ranked eighth; Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch was 14th; Park Hyatt Beaver Creek finished 15th; The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa in Avon was 18th; and Four Seasons Resort Vail ranked 22nd.
“We are extremely pleased to be included in this category,” Sonnenalp sales director Patricia McNamara said in a news release. “Sonnenalp is a home away from home. Guests love coming here and do so year after year making it a family tradition. It is wonderful to receive this recognition from the Condé Nast Traveler’s readership.”
Resorts in Park City, Utah, were well represented, with six resorts listed, including three in the top 10 and the top overall resort, Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley.
Aspen resorts are on the list twice, Nos. 20 and 21.
For the full list, visit cntraveler.com.
- Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley (Park City, Utah)
- C Lazy U Ranch (Granby, Colorado)
- Lodge & Spa at Brush Creek Ranch (Saratoga, Wyoming)
- The St. Regis Deer Valley (Park City, Utah)
- Gateway Canyons Resort (Gateway, Colorado)
- Sundance Mountain Resort (Sundance, Utah)
- The Chateaux Deer Valley (Park City, Utah)
- Sonnenalp Hotel (Vail, Colorado)
- Devil’s Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa (Tabernash, Colorado)
- The Resort at Paws Up (Greenough, Montana)
Shopping at the Thrifty Shop is partly pure commerce, partly treasure hunt and partly philanthropic endeavor.