Vail board to determine event funding
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL, Colorado – The Vail Commission on Special Events will convene Wednesday to review 40 funding applications for events totaling $1.7 million in 2010. The special meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. and will be held in the Vail Town Council Chambers, 75 S. Frontage Roadd. The meeting follows an earlier session held Oct. 7 in which each applicant presented an overview of their request.
The 40 requests are more than double the $788,810 available for event funding in 2010. In 2009, the CSE allocated $788,310 to help support 31 events and activities. The funding is allocated from the town of Vail general operating fund.
Commission on Special Events coordinator Sybill Navas says the seven-member board will be using a 1 to 10 rating form to evaluate the 2010 requests based on an event’s potential to:
• Benefit local restaurants.
• Increase room nights.
• Stimulate retail sales.
• Contribute to Vail’s sense of community.
• Promote a visitor’s intent to return.
• Contribute to a balanced calendar of events.
• Match the profile of targeted visitors.
• Demonstrate growth and sponsorship potential.
• Comply with Vail’s environmental sustainability goals.
• The producer’s ability to deliver an event compatible with the image of Vail as a world class resort.
Final decisions will be presented to the Vail Town Council at its Nov. 3 meeting.
For a listing of the event requests for 2010, visit vailgov.com. Vail’s special events are promoted year-round on vail.com through a partnership with the Vail Local Marketing District and Vail Resorts.
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User