Vail bus service transitions to winter
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL, Colorado – Town of Vail buses will transition to the full winter schedule beginning Monday. The new schedule, which will run through April 14, will provide 30-minute service on most outlying routes during peak times and 30-minute to one-hour service on most outlying routes during non-peak times. The in-town shuttle, which services Golden Peak, Vail Village and Lionshead, will run every five to 10 minutes. A complete bus schedule is available online at vailgov.com or by calling 970-477-3456.
Vail’s winter bus schedule, Dec. 10 through April 14:
• West Vail Green loop will depart from the Transportation Center every 30 minutes from 5:45 a.m. to 8:15 p.m. and every 40 minutes from 8:50 p.m. to 2:10 a.m.-
• The West Vail Red loop will depart from the Transportation Center every 30 minutes from 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and every 40 minutes from 9:10 p.m. to 1:50 a.m.
• An East Vail bus will depart from the Transportation Center every 20 minutes from 5:50 to 7:10 a.m., every 15 minutes from 7:30 a.m. to 8:15 p.m. and every 30 minutes from 8:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
• The Golf Course bus will depart from the Transportation Center at 6:45 a.m., then every 30 minutes from 7:45 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. During non-peak, the bus will depart from the Transportation Center every hour from 10:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m., every 30 minutes from 2:45 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. and every hour from 5:45 p.m. to 11:50 p.m. An additional Golf Course bus will run at 2 a.m. if requested.
• The Ford Park route will depart from the Transportation Center at 6:20 a.m. with 15 or 30 minute frequency through 8:35 p.m.
• The Sandstone loop will depart from the Transportation Center every 30 minutes from 6 to 8 a.m., 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., 5 to 8:30 p.m. and 9:10 to 2:10 a.m., with an additional run at 8:50 p.m. The Sandstone loop will run every 20 minutes from 8 to 10 a.m. and 3 to 5 p.m.
• The Lionsridge loop route runs every hour from 6:15 a.m. to 8:15 p.m.
For more information, call the town’s transit office at 970-479-2178.