Vail cleanup day is April 28
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL ” Vail’s cleanup day this year will occur at the same time as the countywide Interstate 70 cleanup on April 28.
Vail’s cleanup is from 8 a.m. to noon, followed by a free barbecue for volunteers at 4-Eagle Ranch in Wolcott.
Registration for the Vail’s clean up day begins at 8 a.m. at Donovan Pavilion. All participants are required to sign a liability release form prior to participation. Persons under the age of 17 are required to have a parent or guardian signature to participate.
Liability forms are available in advance at the town’s Community Development Department, 75 S. Frontage Road, or by calling 479-2333. Participants are encouraged to bring work gloves, water and sun screen. Trash bags will be provided.
Threre will free curbside trash pick on April 27. The town will only pick up non-hazardous items, such as couches, mattresses and other furniture. Freezers or refrigerators will not be accepted.
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
To make an appointment, call the town’s Public Works Department at 479-2158 no later than 5 p.m., April 26.
Dumpsters to dispose of items such as bed springs and small furniture will be placed in West Vail, the East Vail parking lot and Ford Park on April 26 and 27. Disposal of hazardous materials, televisions and refrigerators is not permitted.
On June 9, computers, monitors, keyboards, TVs, stereos, VCRs, CD/DVD players, cell phones and other electronics can be dropped off for recycling at Vail Town Hall. Cost to recycle is $5 per computer, small printer or small electronics; or $10 per monitor (up to 17 inches), large printer or large electronics.
Other scheduled clean up days in Eagle County include:
– Eagle County Dump Day: Pick up an Eagle County Residential Clean-Up Pass, valid throughout the year. The pass is replacing the Eagle County Dump Day. Call 926-3626.
– Household Hazardous Waste Collection: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 21 at the Eagle County Landfill. To schedule an appointment for drop off, call 926-3626.
– Avon Curbside Trash Pickup: May 14-18, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays. Call 748-4100.
– Eagle: May 19, call 328-6354.
– Gypsum: May 19, call 524-5024.
– Minturn: May 19, call 827-5645.
– Eagle River Clean Up: Sept. 9. 926-3956.
For more information on Vail’s clean up day or the electronics recycling event, call the town’s environmental health office at 479-2333. For information on the I-70 clean up event, call the Eagle River Watershed Council at 926-3956.