Vail cleanup day is Saturday
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL, Colorado ” Vail’s Annual Spring Clean Up takes place Saturday, rain or shine. Volunteers will gather at the Vail Municipal Building, 75 S. Frontage Rd., at 8 a.m. for a light breakfast and registration.
Volunteers will cleanup neighborhood streets, parks and bike paths from 9 a.m. to noon. The event will conclude with a free barbecue lunch in the parking lot of the Municipal Building.
Participants will receive a $25 donation from the town to be awarded to one of 42 qualifying nonprofit agencies in the area. In addition, all volunteers will receive a free tote bag made from 100 percent recycled plastic bottles.
In addition to the community clean up, Vail will offer free curbside pickup of non-hazardous items, such as couches, mattresses and other furniture on Friday. Freezers or refrigerators are not accepted. To make an appointment, call the town’s Public Works Department at 479-2158 no later than 5 p.m. on Thursday.
Also, free Dumpsters to dispose of items such as bed springs and small furniture will be available in three locations throughout the community from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday. The locations are the North Trail parking lot in West Vail; the East Vail parking lot on the south side of I-70; and the parking lot at Ford Park. Disposal of hazardous materials or refrigerators is not permitted.
Other scheduled clean up days in Eagle County include:
– Avon – May 12-16. Includes free curbside pickup of unwanted materials. Call 748-4100 to schedule.
– Minturn – May 16 -17. Includes free Dumpster collection sites for non-hazardous items and other clean up opportunities. Call 827-5645, ext. 104 for information.
– Eagle – May 17. Includes free Dumpster collection site for non-hazardous items at the town’s maintenance facility, 1050 Chamber Ave. between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Call 328-6354.
– Gypsum – May 17. Includes free Dumpsters at Eagle Valley High School parking lot. Clean up volunteers will be treated to a free lunch and a commemorative gift. Call 524-1740.
– Free punch passes are now available for use at the Eagle County Landfill where residents may dispose of 1,600 pounds of trash plus four tires within the calendar year for free. Call 926-3626.