Vail Daily letter: Dogs sickened | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Vail Daily letter: Dogs sickened

Susan Klein
Vail, CO, Colorado
newsroom@vaildaily.com

Local golf courses are using rodent oat bait containing zinc phosphide, which is toxic and poisonous to humans and animals.

So far today (at this writing), two local dogs have been sickened as a result of eating this bait while walking on local golf courses. One has been hospitalized.

Symptoms include: vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain, lack of interest in food and water and general lethargy. The oat bait will look like cereal puffs when vomited.

If you suspect your pet has ingested this bait, call your veterinarian immediately. They will be able to diagnose your pet’s condition and take appropriate action.

Susan Klein

Edwards


Support Local Journalism


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User