Vail Daily letter: Single mom burned out of home
Vail, CO, Colorado
Unfortunately tragedies happen, the ones that you hope never do and maybe think won’t happen to you. But they can! My friend Kimberlee and her family know firsthand. On Friday, March 5, her house caught fire and she and her two boys were left homeless. Luckily, the fire happened when they were not home, and the animals were saved. She is very thankful her family is safe.
To add to this stress, Kim is eight months pregnant. She is looking for a rental in the area to move into as soon as she can. She had paid her mortgage before the fire happened and needs help trying to get a place to live.
Some of you know how devastating it is to lose not just your home but irreplaceable things like pictures. To start over is just unimaginable. This really broke my heart and even if you don’t know this family I hope you can put yourself in her shoes and imagine what you would do.
Donations to help can be sent to Kimberlee Steggall at American National Bank, 429 Railroad Ave, Rifle, CO 81650. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers. Cards can be sent to her PO Box 1333, Gypsum, CO 81637