Vail Daily letter: Tremendous celebration
Beaver Creek, CO Colorado
We want to thank a number of people for the remarkable weekend we just celebrated at Beaver Creek for the Beaver Creek Resort 30th anniversary.
More than 250 Beaver Creek aficionados showed up to share great memories and marvel at the beauty and adherence to the quality and vision that Beaver Creek has retained through the years.
An ad-hoc group came up with the idea for the get-together some three months ago and went about it with the same cavalier, get-it-done manner that they had when they started the place against all odds and naysayers more than 35 years ago. The name of the weekend was “Beaver Creek Reunion – They Made It Happen.”
• We would like to thank the local media for the great exposure in getting the word out: The Vail Daily, Plum TV, TV 8, KZYR Radio and Vail Beaver Creek Magazine were all tremendous media partners.
• The Coyote Cafe served as our registration and apres ski place to be with 1980 prices and a great atmosphere.
• Vail Resorts and Beaver Creek Resort standouts included Mountain Manager Doug Lovell, legendary Jimmy Roberts and Jen Brown, the PR maven, who all personally hosted First Tracks on a spectacular powder day showcasing conditions the likes of which we never saw in 1980. The early breakfast, hosted by Vail Resorts at Spruce Saddle, was great!
• New General Manager Robert Purdy and Banquets Manager Peach Duty from the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek and McCoy’s Cafe created a terrific atmosphere and wonderful buffet dinner for our Saturday night gathering. It looks like McCoy’s is re-emerging as the place for apres ski at Beaver Creek!
• Rick and Pam MacCutcheon’s son Steve played background tunes at McCoy’s while a slideshow took us back in time on Saturday night.
• Thanks to Lindsey Lessman and Amy Leonard for their help on the website!
• Thanks, too, to Rex Keep of Rex Keep Photography and to Holly Cole from Vail Beaver Creek Magazine.
• A big thanks to Peeples Ink PR for their communications support.
All said, it was a tremendous weekend at Beaver Creek, and we thank everyone involved for their hard work in reconnecting and sharing the Beaver Creek 30th anniversary. To review some of the weekend’s events go to http://www.BeaverCreek30.myevent.com
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User