Vail Daily letter: Want to continue on water board
Vail, CO Colorado
For those of you who I haven’t pulled aside in the grocery store or bent your ear in the lift line, I am announcing that I’m running for re-election to the Eagle River Water and Sanitation District Board of Directors.
I am hoping to continue my 16 years of service – 12 years of which I was chairman – to this board. I’ve had a lifelong passion for water, which is even stronger today than when I first decided to run. I believe my enthusiasm, combined with my experience and expertise, makes me the right choice to continue serving our community’s water needs. While the issues that face this board are often complex and always difficult, I am proud to say that I have been a part of some real achievements during my time on the board. These include:
• Building the Eagle Park Reservoir augmentation and snowmaking system.
• Fighting for the recreational in-channel diversion rights for Gore Creek.
• Building the water interconnect system between Vail and Edwards.
• Beginning the landmark water rights discussions between Western Slope and Front Range communities.
• Upgrading our waste water treatment plants.
• Improving waste water-related odor issues in Avon.
• Ensuring we are well positioned to meet our future water and treatment needs.
In addition to my service on the Eagle River Water and Sanitation District Board, I serve on the Colorado Basin Roundtable, the Colorado Foundation for Water Education, the Eagle Park Reservoir Co. and the Denver Water Board’s Citizens Advisory Committee.
With your help, I can continue this commitment to serving our community. I hope that you will support me in my bid to continue serving our local community and finding ways to make an already great place to live even better. Please consider participating in mail-in voting and, if not, please get out and vote on May 4! Thank you!
Rick Sackbauer, Vail