Vail Daily wins numerous state awards for photography, advertising, design
DENVER — The Vail Daily and the Eagle Valley Enterprise were honored with several awards last weekend at the 141st annual Colorado Press Association convention in Denver.
The contest was judged by members of the Missouri Press Association and the winners were announced at the April 13 awards dinner.
The Vail Daily earned 11 awards in the advertising, photo and design and editorial competitions for Class 7 publications — daily newspapers with a circulation between 6,001 and 15,000.
The Eagle Valley Enterprise was the General Excellence, Editorial Excellence, Photo and Design Excellence and Advertising Excellence winner in the Class 1 publication category — weekly newspapers with a circulation up to 1,000. The Enterprise won 28 awards in the various competition categories.
The Vail Daily winners were:
- First Place — Best Photo Essay: “Mud Run” by Chris Dillman
- First Place — Best Information Graphic: “Fire Awareness” by Amanda Swanson
- First Place — Best Real Estate Ad: “Adding Value in Vail” by Nichole Mathiason
- Second Place — Best Sports Photograph: “Charging” by Chris Dillman
- Second Place — Best Feature Photograph: “Winter Wonderland” By Chris Dillman
- Second Place — Best Breaking News Video: “Vail Sno-Cat thief arrested in a Boulder car dealership on drug charges” by Jon Scharfencamp and Randy Wyrick
- Second Place — Best Headline Writing: “Robin Goes Birding” by Marcus Mortiz
- Second Place — Best Editorial Special Section: For Vail Lifestyle magazine by Wren Bova, Dominique Taylor and Malisa Samsel
- Second Place — Best Cover Design: For Vail Dance Magazine by Wren Bova, Shelley Woodworth, Shannon Muench
- Second Place — Best Medium Space Ad: “Fallen Heros Fund Hockey” by Brian Morrisette
- Second Place — Best Use of Multimedia Advertising: “Steadman Unrivaled video ad” by Jon Scharfencamp