Vail fire caused by chimney doors | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Vail fire caused by chimney doors

Dustin Racioppi
dracioppi@vaildaily.com
Vail, CO Colorado
Special to the Daily/ Mark ChapinA Saturday morning fire at an Intermountain house was caused by improperty installed glass folding doors on a chimney.
ALL |

VAIL, Colorado ” Vail Fire Department investigators have determined that a fire on Larkspur Lane on Saturday was caused by improperly installed glass folding doors on the face of the downstairs chimney chase.

Fire Marshal Mike Vaughan said in a press release that the fire was aggravated by the firebox being installed on combustible framing.

The fire at 2665 Larkspur Lane was reported at 2:44 a.m. Saturday and caused about $500,000 in damage to the two-story home. Eight people were living in the rental home at the time. There were no injuries reported.



The release said the homeowner is insured for the loss, but the tenants didn’t have renters insurance. Homeowner insurance doesn’t typically cover tenant losses, it added. The Vail Firefighter’s Association and Vail Professional Firefighters Local 4138 are working with Salvation Amy and National Velvet Cleaners to provide assistance to the displaced tenants.

Dustin Racioppi can be reached at 970-748-2936 or dracioppi@vaildaily.com.


Support Local Journalism