Vail Mountain begins weekend operations Friday, June 2; daily on June 9
VAIL — Vail Mountain will open for summer operations on Friday, June 2, with access to Gondola One out of Vail Village during the weekend. Operations will expand to daily mountain access via Gondola One in Vail Village and the Eagle Bahn Gondola in Lionshead Village on Friday, June 9.
Epic Discovery will open for the second summer at Vail Mountain on Friday, June 9. New this year are Paramount Peak, a 36-foot-tall permanent climbing wall, and the Kids Ride Free Program, which provides kids ages 12 and younger free access up the gondola with the purchase of an adult ticket.
Gondola One, Vail Village
• 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday to Sunday, June 2 to 4
• 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily, June 9 to Sept. 4
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
• 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday to Sunday, Sept. 8 to Oct. 1
Bikes will be allowed up the gondola until 4 p.m. as soon as conditions allow.
Eagle Bahn Gondola, Lionshead Village
• 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. June 9 to Sept. 4
• 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday to Sunday, June 22 to Sept. 2
• 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday to Sunday, Sept. 8 to October
Bikes will be allowed up the gondola until 6 p.m. as soon as conditions allow.
• 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. June 9 to Sept. 4
• 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 8-10, 15-17, 22-24, 29, and Oct. 1
For more information about Vail Mountain, call the Mountain Information Center at 970-SKI-VAIL or visit http://www.vail.com.