Vail Mountain to open additional terrain Wednesday
VAIL — Following one of the best openings in the last decade, Vail Mountain is continuing to open additional terrain, bringing the open acreage to 1,360. On Wednesday, Vail will begin operating Gopher Hill (No. 12), Sourdough Express (No. 14), Cascade Village Lift (No. 20) and two carpets. Vail will also begin offering dining at Two Elk Lodge.
Beginning at 9 a.m. Wednesday, skiers and snowboarders will have access to the following lifts and 1,360 acres of skiable terrain in these areas on Vail Mountain:
• Gondola One.
• Eagle Bahn Gondola.
• The new, six-passenger Avanti Express (No. 2).
• Wildwood Express (No. 3).
• Mountain Top Express (No. 4).
• Born Free Express (No. 8).
• Little Eagle (No. 15).
• Northwoods Express (No. 11).
• Game Creek Express (No. 7).
• Highline Express (No. 10).
• Gopher Hill (No. 12).
• Sourdough Express (No. 14).
• Cascade Village Lift (No. 20).
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Due to budget shortfalls, Vail Resorts has pulled this winter’s funding for its cloud seeding program — the longest-running in the state at 44 years — potentially reducing the amount of water flowing down the…