Vail Mountain to open additional terrain Wednesday
VAIL — Following one of the best openings in the last decade, Vail Mountain is continuing to open additional terrain, bringing the open acreage to 1,360. On Wednesday, Vail will begin operating Gopher Hill (No. 12), Sourdough Express (No. 14), Cascade Village Lift (No. 20) and two carpets. Vail will also begin offering dining at Two Elk Lodge.
Beginning at 9 a.m. Wednesday, skiers and snowboarders will have access to the following lifts and 1,360 acres of skiable terrain in these areas on Vail Mountain:
• Gondola One.
• Eagle Bahn Gondola.
• The new, six-passenger Avanti Express (No. 2).
• Wildwood Express (No. 3).
• Mountain Top Express (No. 4).
• Born Free Express (No. 8).
• Little Eagle (No. 15).
• Northwoods Express (No. 11).
• Game Creek Express (No. 7).
• Highline Express (No. 10).
• Gopher Hill (No. 12).
• Sourdough Express (No. 14).
• Cascade Village Lift (No. 20).
an opportunity to develop land at the edge of town, within eyesight of Interstate 70, has town officials excited about the potential for a long-lasting revenue infusion.