Vail offers holiday transportation tips
VAIL – With high season parking restrictions in place through Jan. 3, the town of Vail offers the following tips and reminders when it comes to getting to your Vail destination:
• Leave your car at home and ride the bus. Vail has added two additional outlying morning buses and three additional outlying evening buses to supplement the scheduled routes. ECO regional transit is running its winter schedule as well.
• Free peak parking along the North Frontage Road across from the West Vail Mall is available daily through Jan. 3. After Jan. 4, it will again be available Friday through Sunday until the next peak period on Jan. 18.
• Free parking is offered in the Village and Lionshead structures (lower levels) for the first 90 minutes all season long as well as free 30-minute parking for drop-off and other short-term needs on the top deck of the Village structure and the second level in the Lionshead structure. Also, arrive after 3 p.m. for free parking in both structures until 3 a.m. seven days a week.
• Short-term shopper parking is available in the Vail Village and Lionshead parking structures. The rate is $15 for up to 2 1/2 hours. Look for the yellow signs at the Frontage Road entries.
Support Local Journalism
• Blue Parking Passes are currently restricted and can be used for entry into the Lionshead parking structure until Jan. 3. On Jan. 4, the pass will also be good for entry into the Vail Village structure Monday through Thursdays until the next peak period on Jan. 18.
• Green Parking Passes are also restricted and are good for entry at Ford Park and the Soccer Field only until Jan. 3. On Jan. 4, the pass will also be good for entry into the LionsHead parking structure.
• Never drink and drive. Retrieve your vehicle from the structure by 11 a.m. the next day compliments of the town of Vail. Authorization receipts are available from the Visitor Information Centers, which open at 9 a.m. daily. While this service is available for exceptional circumstances, remember to plan ahead and ride the bus, take a taxi or have a designated driver.
• Parking along the South Frontage Road will be available when the two parking structures are full. Watch the variable message signs for updates.
On New Year’s Eve, both Vail and ECO Transit will suspend service into Vail at 10 p.m. Free outbound service by Vail and ECO will resume at midnight. The last scheduled ECO Transit bus will leave the Vail Transportation Center at 2 a.m. Also, between 10:30 p.m. and 2:30 a.m. service on the in-town route will be reduced from 7-minute service to every 15-minutes between the Vail Village and LionsHead parking structures. Regular in-town service will resume at 6:30 a.m. on New Year’s Day.
For Vail transit information, call 970-479-2178; for ECO Transit, call 970-328-3520; or for parking information, call 970-479-2104.