Vail offers transportation tips
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL, Colorado – With peak season parking restrictions in place Dec. 26 through Jan. 2 for blue and green parking passes, the town of Vail offers the following tips and reminders when it comes to getting to your Vail destination:
• Leave your car at home and ride the bus. Vail has added additional outlying morning buses and additional outlying evening buses to supplement the scheduled routes. ECO regional transit is running its winter schedule as well.
• Free parking is offered in the Village and LionsHead structures (lower levels) for the first two hours all season long as well as free 30-minute parking for drop-off and other short-term needs on the top deck of the Village structure and the passenger drop-off in the LionsHead structure with entry and exit from East Lionshead Circle on the west side of the structure. Also, arrive after 3 p.m. for free parking in both structures until 3 a.m. seven days a week.
• Free parking along the North Frontage Road across from the West Vail Mall is available daily throughout the season from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. with easy access to the bus stop.
• Blue Parking Passes can be used for entry into the LionsHead parking structure between Dec. 26 and Jan. 2.
• Green Parking Passes are good for entry at Ford Park and the Soccer Field only between Dec. 26 and Jan. 2.
• Use http://www.vaileventparking.com for updates on free parking availability at Donovan Park and the Vail Nordic Center, both of which are serviced by the free bus.
• Never drink and drive. Retrieve your vehicle from the structure by 11 a.m. the next day compliments of the town of Vail. Authorization receipts are available from the Visitor Information Centers, which open at 9 a.m. daily. While this service is available for exceptional circumstances, remember to plan ahead and ride the bus, take a taxi or have a designated driver.
• Parking along the South Frontage Road will be available when the two parking structures are full.
• On New Year’s Eve, both Vail and ECO Transit will suspend service into Vail at 10 p.m. Free outbound service by Vail and ECO will resume at midnight. The last scheduled ECO Transit bus will leave the Vail Transportation Center at 2 a.m. Also, between 10:30 p.m. and 2:30 a.m. service on the in-town route will be reduced from 7-minute service to every 15-minutes between the Vail Village and Lionshead parking structures. Regular in-town service will resume at 6:30 a.m. on New Year’s Day.
For Vail transit information, call 970-479-2178; for ECO Transit, call 970-328-3520; or for parking information, call 970-479-2104.