Vail parking restrictions in place for Monday only
VAIL — Peak season parking restrictions will be in place for one day only Monday for Presidents Day. This will be the last parking restriction of the season.
• Monday’s restriction means Blue Parking Pass holders will be directed to the Lionshead parking structure and Green Parking Pass holders will use the Ford Park lot and the permit-only parking on the North Frontage Road across from the Middle Creek Village Apartments. On Tuesday the Blue Pass will also be good for entry again into the Vail Village structure Mondays through Thursdays for the remainder of the season, while the Green Pass will be good for entry again into the Lionshead parking structure Mondays through Thursdays.
• Free parking will be available at Donovan Pavilion, 1600 S. Frontage Road West, on Monday, but will be unavailable today due to the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships. The spaces will be available from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. on a first-come, first-served basis Monday.
• For parking availability all season long, visit http://www.vailevent parking.com.
• The lot at the Vail Nordic Center will be closed to skier parking through today. Visit http://www.vaileventparking.com for details.
• Free parking along the North Frontage Road across from the West Vail Mall is available daily throughout the season from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. with easy access to the bus stop.
• Free parking is offered in the Village and Lionshead structures for two hours all season long as well as free 30-minute parking for drop-off and other short-term needs on the top deck of the Village structure and the passenger drop-off in the Lionshead structure with entry and exit from East Lionshead Circle on the west side. Also, arrive after 3 p.m. for free parking in both structures until 3 a.m. seven days a week.
• Free parking along the South Frontage Road will be available when the two parking structures are full. Watch the variable message signs for updates.
• Vail will add additional outlying morning buses and additional outlying evening buses to supplement the scheduled routes during the holiday. ECO regional transit is running its winter schedule as well.
• Never drink and drive. Retrieve your vehicle from the structure by 11 a.m. the next day compliments of the town of Vail. Authorization receipts are available from the Vail Welcome Centers, which open at 8:30 a.m. daily. While this service is available for exceptional circumstances, please remember to plan ahead and ride the bus, take a taxi or have a designated driver.