Vail parking restrictions put in place for Presidents Day
VAIL —Peak season parking restrictions will be in place for one-day only on Monday for Presidents Day. This will be the last parking restriction of the season. Adjustments include:
• Blue Parking Pass holders will be directed to the Lionshead Village parking structure and Green Parking Pass holders will use the Ford Park and soccer field lots. The Blue Pass will also be good for entry again into the Vail Village structure Monday through Thursdays for the remainder of the season starting Tuesday, while the Green Pass will be good for entry again into the Lionshead parking structure Monday through Thursdays starting on that date.
• Free parking will be available at Donovan Pavilion, 1600 S. Frontage Road W., today, Sunday and Monday. The spaces will be available from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note: the lot will be closed to skier parking on Saturday, due to a previously scheduled event at the pavilion. For parking availability all season long, visit http://www.vailevent parking.com.
• Free parking along the North Frontage Road across from the West Vail Mall is available daily throughout the season from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. with easy access to a bus stop.
• Free parking is offered in the Vail Village and Lionshead Village structures for two hours all season long as well as free 30-minute parking for drop-off and other short-term needs on the top deck of the Village structure and the passenger drop-off in the Lionshead Village structure with entry and exit from East Lionshead Circle on the west side. Also, enter after 3 p.m. for free parking in both structures until 3 a.m. seven days a week.
• Free parking along the South Frontage Road will be available when the two parking structures are full. Watch the variable message signs for updates. During overflow parking, please use caution as pedestrians are present and monitor your speed.
• Vail will add additional outlying morning buses and additional outlying evening buses to supplement the scheduled routes during the holiday. ECO regional transit is running its winter schedule as well.
For Vail transit information, please call 970-479-2178. For ECO Transit, please call 970-328-3520. For additional parking information, please call 970-479-2104.
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Due to budget shortfalls, Vail Resorts has pulled this winter’s funding for its cloud seeding program — the longest-running in the state at 44 years — potentially reducing the amount of water flowing down the…