Vail Resorts launches new website
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL, Colorado – Vail Resorts has launched new Vail Resorts Echo web site, VailResortsEcho.com.
The goal of the site is to better educate and engage guests and employees about the company’s sustainability efforts aimed at both protecting the natural resources that surround the resorts and helping build stronger communities. Vail Resorts Echo encompasses environmental stewardship, charitable giving and community engagement.
The new site provides a wealth of information on Vail Resorts’ goals and ideals of our entire corporate stewardship efforts, said Rob Katz, chairman and chief executive officer for Vail Resorts.
VailResortsEcho.com gives employees and guests a place to learn about Vail Resort’s charitable and operational programs, including nonprofit partnerships and the company’s commitment to these initiatives.
Some highlights include:
• The company’s focus on healthy forests and clean water through its partnership with the U.S. Forest Service and the National Forest Foundation on the Hayman Restoration Partnership, the state’s largest forest restoration project, and one of the largest public-private partnerships of its kind in the country.
• Target 10 percent – the program that aims to significantly reduce energy consumption with a stated goal of a 10 percent reduction by the end of 2010.
• Vail Resorts partnership with the National Forest Foundation, the nonprofit arm of the U.S. Forest Service, that has raised $1.7 million since the program’s inception in 2006 for local conservation projects.
• Important information for nonprofits interested in learning more about the Vail Resorts grant process.
• Pictures, video and stories about Vail Resorts employees and their dedication to volunteering. In the last year, Vail Resorts employees donated more than 2,000 collective hours.
• A special section dedicated to employees only, The Employee Echo Center, will help the company better engage employees to be a part of Vail Resorts’ corporate stewardship efforts.