Vail seeks volunteers for town building boards
VAIL, Colorado ” Vail, Colorado is looking for volunteers for its building and fire code appeals committees.
Community members with extensive construction backgrounds are preferred; however, the process is open to all interested citizens regardless of residency or experience. The committees will assist with the upcoming adoption of the 2009 International Building and Fire Codes.
Volunteers are needed on the following committees:
– 2009 International Building Code (non-structural)
– 2009 International Building Code/International Residential Code (structural)
– 2009 International Residential Code (non-structural)
– 2009 International Mechanical Code (IMC), International Plumbing Code (IPC), International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC) and 2008 National Electric Code (NEC )
– 2009 International Fire Code and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 13, NFPA 72
– International Performance Code
– International Energy Conservation Code
Community members wanting to participate on a committee should contact Martin Haeberle, chief building official, at 970-479-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate committee preferences. The first committee meetings will take place in late April. Committees will meet an estimated two to three times.