Vail senior calendar: Upcoming events for seniors, July 25-31
upcoming events for seniors
• Today: Caregiver/memory loss support group meeting at Eagle River Presbyterian Church, 455 Nottingham Ranch Road, Avon; 9 to 10:30 a.m. This group provides emotional, educational and social support in a safe, confidential environment. Call Pat Nolan at 970-328-8831 for more information about the regular meetings.
• Friday: Non-medical foot care at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center in Minturn, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Must call 970-328-2812 to make an appointment.
• Friday: Book Lover’s Coffee Klatch at the Golden Eagle, 10:30 a.m. All are welcome to join this exciting group who loves to talk all things literary. Coffee, tea, goodies provided. No sign up necessary.
• Tuesdays: Joint Relief water class at the Avon Recreation Center, 10 to 11 a.m. Cost is $2 per class.
• Wednesdays: Hiking/Nordic walking groups continue at the Maloit Park Senior Wellness center (located in the Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy), 10 a.m. All are welcome; wear comfortable walking shoes. Walking poles are available at the site when you arrive. Call 970-328-2812 for more details.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
• Volunteers needed: In search of volunteers to lead some intergenerational activities with the Minturn seniors (call Pat Nolan at 970-328-8831) or become an Activity Buddy for the Eagle Valley Senior Life program (call Wendy Miller at 970-977-0188).
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896.
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831.
With a pitched battle brewing in the state legislature over his signature “public option” health insurance bill (HB19-1004) from last session, state Rep. Dylan Roberts, D-Avon, is urging calm before the coming storm.