Vail street sweeping and cinder pickup begins
VAIL — Street sweeping operations will get underway in Vail beginning April 22 and will continue through June 4, weather permitting.
Crews will work eight hours each day, five days a week to complete the sweeping, which includes curbside cinder pick up. Residents are asked to rake the cinders from their yards into the right-of-way and to call the public works department at 970-479-2158 when ready for pickup, then allow a few days for completion.
The cinder pickup schedule is:
- Mondays: Vail Village, Lionshead and Sandstone district from Spraddle Creek to Buffehr Creek.
- Tuesdays: West Vail North district from Buffehr Creek to northwest end.
- Wednesdays: West Vail South district from West Forest Road to Intermountain.
- Thursdays: East Vail district from Golf Course to end of East Vail.
- Fridays: Vail Village, Lionshead, Frontage Roads and Roundabouts.
Also, watch for details on additional spring cleaning activities to include the annual town of Vail community cleanup on April 27, the large item pickup on May 16 and the hard-to-recycle event May 17. For more information on call Kristen Bertuglia, the town’s environmental sustainability manager at 970-477-3455.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
More base areas open means more space for guests to disperse upon, even if those base area openings don’t translate into more actual terrain openings.