Vail Tennis Center to open Saturday
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL, Colorado ” The Vail Tennis Center will open its 12 courts, including eight clay courts, Saturday. The Tennis Center joins other Vail Recreation District offerings including the Vail Golf Club, Vail Nature Center, youth services summer day camps, youth sports camps and adult sports leagues also taking place throughout the summer.
Located adjacent to the Ford Park softball fields, the Tennis Center will be open daily from dawn to dusk through Labor Day weekend. Activities include:
– Pro-Am, 5 p.m. Mondays for those at a level of 4.0 or above.
– Senior Men’s Doubles, 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesdays for those 60 years or older and for all skill levels.
– Ladies Day, 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesdays for all skill levels.
– Men’s Night, 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays for all skill levels.
– Club 50 Weekly Matches, 8 a.m. to noon Thursdays.
– Morning Doubles, 9 to 11 a.m. Sundays for all skill levels.
– Mixed Doubles, 3 to 5 p.m. Sundays for all skill levels.
Junior tennis clinics will take place throughout the summer beginning June 8 with a ratio of one coach for every six students. Ages 5 to 6 will meet from 9 to 11 a.m., ages 7 to 9 will meet from 10 to 11 a.m., ages 10 to 12 will meet from 11 a.m. to noon and ages 13 to 17 will meet from noon to 1 p.m. Monday sessions will be held at Ford Park and sessions held Tuesday through Friday will take place at Golden Peak. Clinics are scheduled as follows:
– June 8-12, 15-19, 22-26 and June 29 through July 3.
– July 6-10, 13-17, 20-24 and 27-31.
– Aug. 3-7, 10-14, 17-21 and 24-28.
For season pass, daily rates or more information on the Tennis Center, call 479-2294. For information on all other rec district activities, go to http://www.vailrec.com.
Snow usually comes and goes in this part of the state. A forecasted storm is expected to stick around for a while. Forecasters are calling for snow to persist throughout the weekend in the high country, with a prospect of a couple of feet of powder by the time the storm starts to diminish on Monday.