Vail to close gondolas, lifts early for uphill loading on Closing Day
VAIL — Vail Mountain says it will close lifts early for uphill loading on Sunday, Closing Day.
“Given the variable spring snow conditions and limited egress routes off the mountain, downloading early at the end of the day to get ahead of the crowd is strongly encouraged,” the resort said in a press release Saturday. “In anticipation of the need to better accommodate guests for downloading, lifts will close to uphill traffic” at:
2:30 p.m. closing:
• Eagle Bahn Gondola
3 p.m. closing:
• Gondola One
• Avanti Express Lift (No. 2)
• Riva Bahn Express Lift (No. 6)
• High Noon Express Lift (No. 5)
• Wildwood Express Lift (No. 3)
3:30 p.m. closing:
• Mountain Top Express Lift (No. 4)
• Northwoods Express Lift (No. 11)
• Little Eagle Lift (No. 15)
“Vail Resorts operates Vail Mountain under special use permit from the U.S. Forest Service and has made the decision to close these lifts early and to later close the mountain to the public on closing day,” the press release said.