Vail to kick off construction season
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL, Colorado – An overview of spring construction projects in Vail will be presented during the town’s annual construction season kick-off meeting from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Vail Town Council Chambers, 75 South Frontage Road. Contractors, architects, merchants, residents and others with an interest in construction are encouraged to attend.
Information on public and private construction projects will be presented including town projects, utility projects, private developer projects, and their related impacts to roads and adjacent properties. In addition, construction staging parameters, noise allowances and contractor parking information will be discussed by representatives from the public works and police departments. Details on the town’s new e-plan submittal and review will also be available as well as other information and announcements from the town’s building division.
The spring construction season for projects in Lionshead and Vail Village will run from April 16 to June 26, with no work allowed during the Teva Mountain Games, May 31 through June 3. Beginning April 17, the town will host weekly construction update meetings at 9 a.m. each Tuesday on the ground floor of the Lionshead Welcome Center to review schedules for the town’s major projects. The spring projects include:
• Construction of Lionshead Phase III streetscape improvements at East Lionshead Circle and Concert Hall Plaza. Includes storm sewer work, snowmelt, pavers, lighting and landscape improvements. April start with completion in November; no work during July and August.
• Addition and exterior remodels at Lion Square Lodge East and Lion Square Lodge South. April start with completion this fall. Construction will have limited impacts on the Lionshead ski yard.
• Arrabelle deck reconstruction. Includes use of the Lionshead Mall for staging and access in the narrow area near Bart and Yeti’s and the French Deli and within the Arrabelle Plaza. Project will start after the mountain closes and will be completed by June 26.
• Remodel of the Vail Public Library. Limited library services available at Dobson Ice Arena from April 7 to June 28; project completion in July.
• East Meadow Drive paver repair. April start with completion in May.
• Gondola construction to replace Vista Bahn. Construction to start after the mountain closes and will be ready for start of 2012-13 ski season.
• Red Sandstone Park completion during April and May.
• Shoulder widening on South Frontage Road between Bald Mountain Road and Interstate 70 exit 180 in East Vail. May start with completion in June. –
• Water system infrastructure: Refurbish pump station near Booth Falls Trailhead by Eagle River Water and Sanitation District. Estimated start in May.
• Water system infrastructure: Pump house improvements, west side of Donovan Park by Eagle River Water and Sanitation District. Late April start.
There are also 12 new single-family or duplex residences that will be under construction this season from East Vail to West Vail. For a map of the anticipated projects planned for 2012, visit the town’s website at vailgov.com.
For more information on the construction kick-off, call Martin Haeberle, chief building official, at 970-479-2142 or email@example.com. To sign up to receive weekly construction updates, visit the town’s website and click on “Vail Mail.”
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User