Vail Valley Medical Center recognizes employees
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL, Colorado – Doris Kirchner, president and CEO of Vail Valley Medical Center, announced recently VVMC’s 2010 nominees for the Six Peaks of Excellence awards and Years of Service Honorees. The awards were presented Nov. 18 at the Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa in Avon.
• This year’s nominees for the Excellence in Quality Peak were chosen from among staff members, team or volunteers who find and implement proven practical strategies, techniques or process that improve the quality of patient experience at VVMC. This year’s recipient was Dana Kluk, R.N.
Nominees for this award included Ginger Hatton, Housekeeping Department; Mari Salmi, R.N.; Edith Silva; Terri Slingerland and Sarah Washburn, W.R.N.
• The Excellence in Growth Peak is awarded to a staff member, team or volunteer who has made a significant contribution towards innovation and growth in patient care or the work environment at VVMC. This year’s recipient was Khanh Nguyen, R.N.
Nominees for this award included Brenda Beairsto; Randy Hillman; Stephanie Phillips; Emily Sessler and Amanda Visosky.
• The Excellence in Finance Peak is awarded to a staff member, team or volunteer who has made a significant contribution in cost saving initiatives and/or revenue production. This year’s recipient was Krista Voytilla.
Nominees for this award included Ginger Hatton; Tricia Newbanks; Don Springer and Cynthia Wickum.
• The Excellence in Service Peak is awarded to a staff member, team, or volunteer who has made a difference in the organization above and beyond what is expected in the job. This year’s recipient was Louis Iglesias.
Nominees for this award included Sandi Agneberg; Ruthie Bopes; Jane Brodziak; Cary Brown; Allisa Connors, R.N.; Larry Davis; Greg Esparsen; Kimberly Flynn; Sharon Granzo, R.N.; Jessica Halbakken; Tom Hogan; Charlene Kirby; David LaGrange; Cynthia Mainhart; Lynn Maynard; Katie Mazzia; Carrie McDowell; Marilyn McGuire; Onesima Mejia; Anthony Montes; Tim Olson; Dustin Orr; Claudia Ortega; Candace Smith; James Peto; Liz Rivera; Therese Rocamora; Emily Sessler; Jeanne Stough; Teresa Watson, R.N.; Joe Webb; Pam Westfall, R.N. and Cynthia Wickum.
• The Excellence in People Peak is awarded to a staff member, team, or volunteer who has demonstrated professional service in working with all VVMC staff, patients, community members and physicians. This year’s recipient was Richelle Curran.
Nominees for this award included Shannon Alley, R.N.; Sue Arford; Lindsey Bischoff, R.N.; Lyn Fitzpatrick, R.N.; Charlene Kirby; Richard Norris; Erica Pass; PCU Department; James Peto; Jackie Pietrzyk, R.N.; Linda Pischke, R.N.; Liz Rivera; Kris Serbousek; Emily Sessler; Elize Van Der Westhuizen, R.N.; Angela (Paulson) Watts, R.N. and Joe Webb.
• The Excellence in Safety Peak is awarded to a staff member, team, or volunteer who has made a significant contribution towards safety at VVMC. This year’s recipient was Pete Peil, R.N.
Nominees for this award included Jeanette Brown, R.N.; Crystal Chapman; John Trujillo and Sophie Watras.
• This year’s award ceremony included the addition of new award, the LEAN achievement award, presented to those who eliminate waste so that all work adds value and serves patients’ needs. This year’s recipient was Jackie Negri.
Nominees for this award included Michelle Clark; Dana Kluk, R.N.; Irby Lawrence.
In addition, VVMC also recognized its Years of Service Honorees for employees with up to five years of service with the medical center. Thirty-year honorees included Donna Barnes, RN and Jacqueline Schempf. Twenty-five -year honorees included Patti Erickson, RN and Cindy Lansdowne.
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User