Vail Valley: More snow in this week’s forecast
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL, Colorado ” A storm from the Pacific Northwest that will enter the Vail Valley late Monday afternoon is likely to leave 2 to 4 inches of snow overnight.
There’s a 30 percent chance of rain Monday and a 70 percent chance that snow will fall in the Vail Valley overnight, said Mike Chamberlain, meteorologist for the National Weather Service. The storm is expected to produce lightning, he said.
“It looks like a fairly potent storm,” he said.
Monday’s high may be 56 degrees and the low may be 26 degrees, according to the weather service.
Snow also is expected Wednesday above 9,000 feet with rain below that elevation, Chamberlain said.
Expect warmer, dryer weather this weekend, he said.
“That’s a ways out so there’s some uncertainty, but right now it looks like it’ll be a nice weekend,” Chamberlain said.
Staff Writer Steve Lynn can be reached at 748-2931 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
A Nov. 30 to Governor Polis and the Eagle County Commissioners from Beaver Creek Resorts Company – as well as the towns of Vail, Avon, Eagle and Minturn – requests a variance program which would allow businesses to remain open.