Vail Valley news briefs
VAIL ” Vail businesses are offering the chance to win a $2,500 shopping spree to be spent anywhere in town.
The Vail Spring Shopping Fling is sponsored by the town of Vail to promote shops and restaurants that are open in May and June.
Registration forms are available at many Vail businesses. You don’t have to buy anything to enter, and you have to be 18.
Participants are encouraged to register weekly through June 30. The winner will be announced on July 1.
VAIL ” The new Vail Economic Advisory Council met for the first time Tuesday. The volunteer board will make recommendations to the Vail town manager and Vail Town Council regarding economic issues and short and long-term strategies, plus work with the community to coordinate economic-related efforts.
Council members are:
– Mark Gordon and Greg Moffet, Vail Town Council members.
– Dick Cleveland, Rick Scalpello, Jennifer Edwards, Robin Litt and Sally Hanlon, representing the community at large.
– Bill Jensen, co-vice president of Vail Mountain, representing Vail Resorts.
– Rob LeVine, Pam Stenmark and Mark Cervantes, lodging representatives.
– Matt Morgan, Steve Kaufman and Meredith Giersch, food and beverage representatives.
– Tori Franks, Rayla Kundolf, Bob McNichols and Bob Boselli, retail representatives.
– Alan Kosloff and M. Joseph McHugh, part-time homeowners.
The volunteer council will meet once per month for one year and be re-evaluated in April 2007.