Vail Valley nonprofit groups hold joint fund-raiser Thursday
Vail, CO, Colorado
Meet the Wilderness and SOS Outreach will benefit from a “girl’s night out” event June 25.
The event is at the home of Bonnie Vesey, 92 Allen Circle in the Vail Valley’s Homestead, from 6 to 9 p.m.
SOS Outreach and Meet the Wilderness recently combined their efforts to better use their resources and provide consistent, year-round programming to underserved youth. The inaugural summer of year-round programs has begun, with more than 200 local youngsters participating.
Programs include rock climbing, week-long wilderness trips and trips to the Colorado National Monument for fourth-graders.
Cash is always welcome, but the groups also welcome equipment donations. They could use:
• Tarps: Heavy duty, waterproof 8×10 or 10×12 feet.
• Backpacks: 3000 to 5000 cubic inch backpacking packs.
• Tents: two-man to eight-man tents are needed.
• Raincoats: Waterproof raincoats with hoods, adult sizes.
• Ponchos: Heavy duty waterproof rain ponchos.
• Sleeping Bags: 10-20 degree synthetic bags, regular or long adult
• Sleeping Pads: Foam cell or self-inflating.
To learn more, call Michelle Hartel 970-926-9292, or Bonnie Vesey, 376-4431.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User