Vail Valley Partnership, Eagle Valley Chamber briefs, Feb. 4
Vail, CO, Colorado
Daily staff report
EAGLE COUNTY ” The Vail Valley Partnership has a few things to tell the public, including:
– For a limited time, Human Resources Plus is offering Vail Valley Partnership members (the first 20 to respond) the opportunity to have up to 15 of your active, completed I-9 forms ” used to verify the immigration status of employees ” spot checked at no charge. For more information, call 970-328-2860.
– The Eagle Valley Alliance for Sustainability is hosting its first “Full Moon Snowshoe Hash” in collaboration with Cordillera.
The event is Feb. 9, and registration is 5:30 to 6 p.m. at the Cordillera Nordic Center and the Timberhearth restaurant. The 5K snowshoe run starts about 6:15 p.m.
The event includes a bowl of chili, a brownie, hot chocolate and a cash bar hosted by Timberhearth at the end of the Hash.
Register at http://www.eaglevalleyalliance.org or call 970-827-9999. Event cost is $25
– Partnership members can save 15 to 25 percent on their yearly office supply bill by going to Office Depot. For more information, call the partnership, 970-476-4000.
– Businesses that have joined the partnership recently include:
Cliver Development, 970-390-6389.
Sanitary Supply Corp, Inc., 970-401-1517.
Lift Creative, 970-376-7567.
Dougherty Tombras, LLC, 970-328-9923.
Eagle chamber touts sales forum, winter fair
The Eagle Valley Chamber of Commerce has a couple of events it would like you to know about:
– “Managing Sales in a Tough Economy,” a sales management forum, is Thursday, Feb. 12 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Denver Athletic Club.
The seminar is for company presidents, CEOs and senior sales executives and costs $59.
The event is presented by certified Sandler Training experts. For more information, call the chamber, 970-328-5220.
– Once again, NRC Broadcasting and the Western Eagle County Metropolitan Recreation District have joined to present the Winter Free Family Fun Fair.
The event is Saturday, Feb. 14 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Eagle River Center at the Eagle County Fairgrounds. There will be blow-up bounce play structures, rock wall climbing, face painting, vendors, karate demonstrations, tumbling mats and more.
For more information, call Alexandra Campbell with NRC, 970-949-0140 or e-mail email@example.com.