Vail Valley senior calendar: Events at Golden Eagle, Maloit Park senior centers
• Today: Blood-pressure and blood-glucose testing at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 11:30 a.m. No sign-up necessary; first come, first served.
• Friday: 20-minute chair massages at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center; 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., cost is $5. Call 970-328-2812 to set up an appointment.
• Saturday: Know the 10 Signs of Alzheimer’s, presented by the Alzheimer’s Association of Colorado, Gypsum Public Library, 10 a.m. to noon. • Saturday: Greeting card making workshop at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 2 to 4 p.m., materials provided. Sign up at the Golden Eagle or by calling 970-328-8896.
• Tuesdays: Joint Relief water class at the Avon Recreation Center, 10 to 11 a.m., cost is $2 per class.
• Wednesday: Hiking/Nordic walking groups continue at the Maloit Park Senior Wellness center, 10 a.m. each Wednesday. Call 970-328-8831 for information.
Support Local Journalism
• Wednesdays at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center: All seniors welcome to share in the donated food items from our local grocery stores. We greatly appreciate the volunteers who make the effort for pick-ups and deliveries.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling is held every Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
• Wednesdays and Thursdays: Senior yoga classes at Yoga off Broadway in Eagle, 9:45 to 10:30 a.m., $5 drop-in rate, no sign up necessary. Call 970-328-9642 for more information.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit: http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831