Vail Valley senior calendar: Events at Golden Eagle, Maloit Park senior centers
• Today: Blood-pressure and blood-glucose testing at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 11:30 a.m. No sign-up necessary; first come, first served.
• Friday: 20-minute chair massages at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center; 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., cost is $5. Call 970-328-2812 to set up an appointment.
• Saturday: Know the 10 Signs of Alzheimer’s, presented by the Alzheimer’s Association of Colorado, Gypsum Public Library, 10 a.m. to noon. • Saturday: Greeting card making workshop at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 2 to 4 p.m., materials provided. Sign up at the Golden Eagle or by calling 970-328-8896.
• Tuesdays: Joint Relief water class at the Avon Recreation Center, 10 to 11 a.m., cost is $2 per class.
• Wednesday: Hiking/Nordic walking groups continue at the Maloit Park Senior Wellness center, 10 a.m. each Wednesday. Call 970-328-8831 for information.
• Wednesdays at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center: All seniors welcome to share in the donated food items from our local grocery stores. We greatly appreciate the volunteers who make the effort for pick-ups and deliveries.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling is held every Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
• Wednesdays and Thursdays: Senior yoga classes at Yoga off Broadway in Eagle, 9:45 to 10:30 a.m., $5 drop-in rate, no sign up necessary. Call 970-328-9642 for more information.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit: http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The Avon police detained the suspect to have a conversation with him, in which the suspect referenced his military family, blue lives matter, his time in the ROTC, immigration laws, his truck, CNN, the second amendment and the constitution of the United States.