Vail Valley Senior Calendar: Tuesday, May 9, through Monday, May 15
upcoming events for seniors
• Today: Eagle County Caregiver/Memory loss Support group, Eagle River Presbyterian Church in Avon, 4:30 to 6 p.m.; all are welcome. Call Pat at 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Today: Ask a Lawyer at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 12:30 p.m. Drop in to receive up to 30 minutes of free legal advice. Call 970-328-8896 for more information.
• Today: Massage at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 1 to 4 p.m.; $10 for 20 minutes, must call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
• Tuesdays: Joint Relief water class at the Avon Rec Center, 10 to 11 a.m. Cost: $2 per class.
• Wednesdays: Hiking/Nordic walking groups continue at the Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center, 10 a.m.
• Wednesdays: All seniors welcome to share in the donated food items from our local grocery stores at the Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center. We greatly appreciate the volunteers who make the effort for pick-ups and deliveries.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
• Wednesdays and Thursdays: Senior yoga classes at Yoga off Broadway in Eagle, 9:45 to 10:30 a.m., $5 drop-in rate, no signup necessary. Call 970-328-9642 for more information.
• Fridays: Book Lovers’ Coffee Klatch at the Golden Eagle, 10:30 a.m. Discussion on book genres, authors and titles; coffee, tea and goodies provided.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
Golden Eagle Senior Center: 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896.
Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building): 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831.
The Austin family has always believed in supporting their community through food education, which is why it was an easy decision for them to begin partnering with The Community Market, a local hunger relief project, to improve access to local produce for low-income individuals in Eagle County.