Vail’s Blue Sky Basin to open Friday
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL, Colorado – After surpassing the 100-inch mark for season-to-date snowfall this morning – nearly seven weeks earlier than last season – Vail Resorts said Monday that it will open Blue Sky Basin this Friday, bringing the resorts open skiable terrain to 4,308 acres this season.
Beginning at 10 a.m. on Friday skiers and snowboarders will have access to the Skyline Express Lift (No. 37) and Pete’s Express Lift (No. 39) in Blue Sky Basin in addition to the following lifts and portions of terrain in these areas that are currently open on Vail Mountain:
• Avanti Express Lift (No. 2).
• Wildwood Express Lift (No. 3).
• Mountaintop Express Lift (No. 4).
• Riva Bahn Express Lift (No. 6).
• Game Creek Express Lift (No. 7).
• Born Free Express Lift (No. 8).
• Northwoods Express Lift (No. 11).
• Gopher Hill Lift (No. 12).
• Sourdough Express Lift (No. 14).
• Little Eagle Lift (No. 15).
• Vista Bahn Express Lift (No. 16).
• Sun Up Lift (No. 17).
• Eagle Bahn Gondola (No. 19).
• Cascade Village Lift (No. 20).
• Orient Express Lift (No. 21).
• Mongolia Lift (No. 22).
• Tea Cup Express Lift (No. 36).
The expanded Bwana Terrain Park on the western end of Vail’s Front Side will also be open on Friday, offering a series of boxes, rails and other features designed for freestyle progression with a combination of small and medium hits. The park has been expanded this season to include more small-sized features for kids and novice park riders.
“The snow continues to fall and we continue to open up more terrain for our guests,” said Chris Jarnot, chief operating officer of Vail Mountain. “The beginning of this season has been fantastic. We surpassed 100 inches of cumulative snowfall at mid-mountain (Monday), nearly seven weeks earlier than last season, and we’re thrilled to be opening Blue Sky Basin on Friday.”
Two Elk, Buffalo’s, Wildwood, Mid-Vail and Eagle’s Nest are open for on-mountain dining. Express Lift at Mountain Plaza is also open and the Golden Peak Grill will open on Friday, Dec. 3.
As usual in the early season, Vail Mountain lifts will open beginning at 9 a.m.
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User