Valentine’s week is a good reminder to be more childlike
Vail CO, Colorado
EAGLE COUNTY, Colorado ” It’s Valentine’s week ” a time to celebrate love. A wise man once told me to be childlike, playful, spontaneous, silly and free. So, this article is intended to open your hearts and move beyond the tradition of candy hearts and romantic dinners and just plain smile and laugh.
I recently read an article regarding “love” and what it means to children. The quotes below are, “straight out of the horse’s mouth.” The responses of these children, ages 6 to 9, are truly authentic and hysterical.
– Love is kisses and hugs.
– Love is your family.
– Love is laughing.
– Love is when mommy packs my lunch.
– Daddy loves me when he helps my boo-boo.
– Just a simple smile could be love.
– I think you’re supposed to get shot with an arrow or something, but the rest of it isn’t supposed to be so painful.
– Be a good kisser. It might make your wife forget that you never take out the trash.
– Don’t forget your wife’s name. That will mess up the love.
– Shake your hips and hope for the best.
– Love is marriage.
– Marriage is when they get together and have a family.
– If falling in love is anything like learning how to spell, I don’t want to do it. It takes too long.
– Love is kissing my dog.
– Love is like an avalanche were you have to run for your life.
– Love is hugging my parents when they’re sad.
– No one is sure why it happens, but I heard it has something to do with how you smell. That’s why perfume and deodorant are so popular.
– Love is smelling the pasta my grandma makes.
– Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good too.
– Once I’m done with kindergarten, I’m going to find me a wife.
– On the first date, they just tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date.
– Love is when my mom brushes my hair in the morning.
– Love is when my dog sleeps with me.
– I’m in favor of love as long as it doesn’t happen when Dinosaurs is on television.
– It gives me a headache to think about that stuff. I’m just a kid. I don’t need that kind of trouble.
– In marriage they promise to go through sickness and illness and diseases together.
– Lovers will just be staring at each other and their food will get cold. Other people care more about the food.
– Never kiss in front of other people. It’s a big embarrassing thing if anybody sees you. But if nobody sees you, I might be willing to try it with a handsome boy, but just for a few hours.
– It isn’t always just how you look. Look at me, I’m handsome like anything and I haven’t got anybody to marry me yet.
– Love is my puppy licking me.
– I find Love everywhere.
– Love is when your heart feels warm.
– It is when someone in the world cares for you.
– Love is getting a blanket and looking at the stars.
– Love is when your Dad plays catch with you.
– Spend most of your time loving instead of going to work.
– Don’t say you love somebody and then change your mind. … Love isn’t like picking what movie you want to watch.
– If it’s your mother, you can kiss her anytime. But if it’s a new person, you have to ask permission.
– To learn how to kiss, it might help to watch soap operas all day.
– I know one reason that kissing was created. It makes you feel warm all over, and they didn’t always have electric heat or fireplaces or even stoves in their houses
As you can see, today and every day is a day for lightness, love and laughter.
Kelly Major Heath is the director of Mountain Lotus yoga in the Vail Athletic Club. She writes a monthly yoga column for the Vail Daily. Send comments about this column to email@example.com.
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User