Vilar Center announces its new Broadway schedule for winter
Winter 2013-14 Broadway Performances at the Vilar Center:
Dec. 30: “100 Years of Broadway”
Jan. 28: “Man of La Mancha”
Feb. 3, 2014: “Mamma Mia!”
Feb. 25, 2014: ”Tao: Phoenix Rising”
Feb. 26, 2014: “The Ten Tenors on Broadway: Broadway’s Greatest Hits”
March 21, 2014: “Midtown Men”
BEAVER CREEK — The Vilar Performing Arts Center announced its upcoming winter Broadway season and a special subscription offer this week. On sale now, ticket buyers can subscribe to the series via two options to guarantee seats to the venue’s most popular Broadway shows.
Among the highlights of this winter’s Vilar Center Winter Broadway series, “Mamma Mia!” promises to be a highlight. More than 45 million people all around the world have fallen in love with the characters, the story and the music. The story-telling magic of ABBA’s timeless songs propels this enchanting tale of love, laughter and friendship. With more productions playing internationally than any other musical, “Mamma Mia!” is considered the world’s No. 1 show. Taking place Feb. 3, “Mamma Mia!” is expected to sell out during the subscription window.
To secure seats for this performance, ticket buyers are offered two subscription options.
The “Pick Three” option, priced at $275, includes a ticket to “Mamma Mia!” plus two additional Broadway shows in the series. The “Pick Four” option, priced at $330, includes a ticket to “Mamma Mia!” plus three additional Broadway shows.
Other shows included in the Broadway subscription package include:
• Neil Berg’s “100 Years of Broadway,” taking place on Dec. 30 and featuring a cast of five Broadway stars recreating moments from “The Phantom of the Opera,” “Les Miserables,” “CATS,” “Jesus Christ Superstar,” “Jekyll & Hyde” and more.
• “Man of La Mancha,” which takes place Jan. 28. Enter the mind and the world of Don Quixote as he pursues his quest for the impossible dream.
• “Tao: Phoenix Rising,” taking place Feb. 25. Athletic bodies and contemporary costumes meet explosive Taiko drumming and innovative choreography.
• “The Ten Tenors on Broadway, Broadway’s Greatest Hits,” which takes place Feb. 26. The Ten Tenors’ unique approach brings rock and classical music together.
• “Midtown Men,” taking place March 21. Four stars from the original cast of “Jersey Boys” sing their favorite “Sixties Hits” from The Beatles, The Rascals, Motown, The Four Seasons and more.
Vilar Center Broadway subscription tickets are available by phone at 970-845-TIXS or in person at the box office in Beaver Creek and Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater Box Office in Vail. This special subscription offer will not be made available online. Single tickets for all shows are not yet available and will be released based on availability in the fall.