Walking Mountains Nature at Night lectures begin Jan. 7 at Westin in Avon
Nature at Night schedule
All lectures begin at 4 p.m. and are free and open to the public.
• Jan. 7: Colorado’s Winter Wildlife
• Jan. 14: Snow Science Snapshots
• Jan. 21: What’s Up?
• Jan. 28: Beaks, Feets and Feathers
• Feb. 4: Epic Story Before the Pass
• Feb. 11: Colorado’s Winter Wildlife
• Feb. 18: Snow Science Snapshots
• Feb. 25: What’s Up?
• March 3: Colorado’s Winter Wildlife
• March 10: Epic Story Before the Pass
• March 17: Signs of Spring
• March 24: Beats, Feets and Feathers
• March 31: Signs of Spring
The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa in Avon will continue its partnership with Vail Valley’s Walking Mountains Science Center to bring Nature at Night programs to the resort this ski season.
Nature at Night will be held on Thursday evenings from 4 to 5 p.m. in The Westin Riverfront lobby. Topics for the weekly interactive lectures range from astronomy to the different types of birds and animals found here in the Vail Valley to the science of snow.
“We are thrilled to be able to offer this unique opportunity to learn about nature and the Vail Valley,” said Kristen Pryor, Westin Riverfront general manager. “Partnering with Walking Mountains is an amazing way to showcase our shared passion for stewardship and sustainability and to create lifelong memories for our guests.”
For more information on Walking Mountains Science Center, visit http://www.walking mountains.org.