West Slope building destroyed by fire
CRAIG, Colorado ” An overnight fire destroyed a downtown Craig building that housed a dozen offices and businesses, but no injuries were reported.
Craig Fire Rescue Chief Chris Nichols called the building a “total loss.”
The fire was reported at about 10 p.m. Sunday and was still smoldering Monday morning. The cause hadn’t been determined.
“When we arrived, the back one-third of the building was fully involved,” Nichols said. “It got up into the attic area and ran the whole length of the building.”
The building is called the County Mall. Tenants include parole offices, a veterinarian clinic, hair salons and others.
No pets were reported to be in the clinic at the time of the fire.
“It’s one of the bigger fires we’ve been on since the downtown fire that we went on back in the 70s,” Nichols said.
Craig Daily Press, http://www2.craigdailypress.com/
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Vail’s updated plans regarding the state guidelines and isolation housing requirements is one of several pieces of information guests are waiting on heading into the 2020-21 season.