Will Avon shopping center ever open?
AVON – With a move-in date steadily creeping later and later into the year, developer Traer Creek now says businesses should be in Traer Creek Plaza by the end of August, according to Traer Creek spokesman Dan Christopherson.
The opening date has been pushed back time and time again because of the semi-circular building’s complicated architecture.
“We had a number of little hang-ups,” Christopherson said. “The glass and glazing were issues. We wish we had it open at least in time for the start of summer, but it wasn’t in the cards.”
With the delayed timeline, Traer Creek has abandoned the idea of hosting one grand opening. The good news is Avon granted Traer Creek Plaza a temporary certificate of occupancy in May, meaning tenants can start moving into their shops and offices.
“It’s taking longer than expected,” Christopherson said, “but good things come to those who wait.”
The following tenants have leased space on the retail level of Traer Creek Plaza and will be tenants when the building opens:
– Swiss Hot Dog – The local favorite makes its return in Avon, 1,025 square feet
– 5 Spice Asian Bistro – Contemporary Asian cuisine, 3,700 square feet, not including patio space
– Zaccaza – The family-style restaurant features pizza and pasta dishes, 3,700 square feet, not including patio space
– Village Liquors – Discount liquor stores in the Colorado Rockies, 4,000 square feet
– Challenge Outfitters – Outdoor apparel and equipment for fishermen and bird hunters, as well as equestrian apparel.
– L’il Partner – Western wear and specialty gifts
– Modern Classics – Furniture and accessories
– Game Stop – Video game retailer
Staff Writer Nicole Frey can be reached at 748-2927 or firstname.lastname@example.org.