Winemaker dinner at vin48 in Avon Wednesday
Avon, CO Colorado
AVON, Colorado –Iconic Barolo and Barbaresco winemaker, Giorgio Rivetti, of Piedmont’s La Spinetta winery, will be at-vin48 for a five-course winemaker dinner on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.
Vin48 Chef Charles Hayes has prepared a special tasting menu, each course paired with one of Rivetti’s wines. The charismatic Rivetti will be present to share the stories behind his cru Barbarescos, Barberas, Barolo and Moscato D’Asti.
“We are thrilled to have an iconic Italian winemaker like Giorgio Rivetti at-vin48,”-said Greg Eynon, vin48’s owner and wine director. “La Spinetta wines have been customer favorites because of their accessibility in their youth – a combination of power and finesse.”
Convinced of Moscato d’ Asti’s potential for greatness, the Rivetti family began making wine at La Spinetta in the late 1970s in the Moscato d’ Asti zone of Castaglone Lanze. It didn’t take long before the Rivettis set their sights on the great vineyards in Barbaresco (Starderi, Gallina and Valeirano) and eventually, Barolo, in 2000.
Call 970-748-9463 for reservations.
• First course: Beef tartare with quail egg, lemon buerre blanc and capers. Paired with La Spinetta, Barbera Bionzo ’06
• Second course: Duck leg confit with cherry pistachio sauce and arugula. Paired with La Spinetta, Barbaresco Gallina ’05.
• Third course: Mushroom risotto with parmesan and chives. Paired with La Spinetta, Barbaresco Valleriano ’05.
• Fourth course: Roasted lamb loin with wilted Mountain Thyme Farms greens and garlic. Paired with La Spinetta, Barolo Campe ’04.
• Dessert course: Blood orange panna cotta. Paired with La Spinetta, Moscato D’Asti, Vigneto Biancospino.
The Vail Valley’s real estate market has long been an unusual one, with very expensive sales accounting for a large share of the market’s dollar volume. That means a few sales can have a large impact on volume.